I'm pleased with how the miniatures turned out and how the ink wash brings out the panel lines. I also learned a lot from the process. Some important lessons were: make the undercarriage first, cut the main gun barrels all at the same time instead of cutting one and gluing it (which led to wonky, mismatched barrel-lengths).
![]() |
| 31mm (hull) length |
So the question arises: what rule-set do I use these with? I sold off my print version of Dirtside II years ago, but have the free download. I love Stargrunt II with its different die types and I know DSII shares these, but I can't get past the chit-pull for damage system.
I've looked at Future War Commander, but I think the scale of this system is too large. I want each miniature to represent an individual tank.
I'm about to embark on a year-long gaming and scratchbuilding hiatus, making this question academic, but after the hobby-drought is over I plan on hitting the game table with a vengeance. So what system (besides homebrew) should I use for 1/300 tank battles?


How complex do you want your game? You could try Pz8 rules, or FUBAR. You might have to come up with your own stats, but they are your tanks, so that might be a given anyway. Maybe Ambush Alley Force-on-Force, though that seems close to a squad level game, and is more infantry oriented.
ReplyDeleteMy view is that most rules should work for any scale. I recently had a microarmor game using AK-47 and it seemed to work fine. I've also heard of people using Flames of War with microarmor.
Viva La Microarmor!
I saw your AK-47 post and enjoyed it Chris. I'm not looking for too much complexity. I'd rather have fast loose (and solo-friendly) play than a bunch of specificity on weapon and armor types. I think I looked at FUBAR before and liked what I saw, but I'll need to look again. Thanks for the ideas; I'll check some of these out!
DeleteKR 16 has some vehicle rules that whilst quite simple do allow for decent armour battles, though it is mostly about the infantry..
ReplyDeleteCould have some ideas you can steal though...?
http://angelbarracks.co.uk/Rules/rules.html
Try Strike Legion.
ReplyDelete