I'm using
techniques I developed for making miniature spaceships to create 1/300 scale future fighting vehicles. The pictures below show the work in progress; so far I have the hulls and turrets of a four-tank platoon complete.
 |
| Not the most uniform resin cure... |
 |
| ...too much humidity perhaps? |
 |
| Super close-up |
Still very rough at this stage. I need to file/sand edges, add the tracks on the bottom, add the main gun, then paint and glue all the components. Generally I'm pleased with how it's turning out.
Edit: here's some pics of the progress and the method. The first shot below shows the simple undercarriage for three of the four tanks right out of the oven. They're constructed of Sculpey, Super-Sculpey and the wheels will be styrene discs. The next two shots show my Super-Sculpey slabs with the panel lines scribed in. I pressed these into a slab of modeling clay and filled the resulting depression with resin. I repeated this three times to create four tanks total for a platoon.
 |
| Super-Sculpey stamps |
 |
| Turret on left, hull on right |
I think in the future I will make only one undercarriage, which I will mold with 10:1 RTV silicone. Then I can use the same tracks for a myriad of different fighting vehicles, and save myself a bunch of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment