|Chunky, exaggerated details should be easier to paint|
I'm still working slllloooowly on the spaceship I started months ago, as I last talked about here. It's coming along nicely, but I wanted to explore a new idea.
I made a bunch of various-sized stamps, using Super-Sculpey again, like the one pictured here.
If you've read this blog you know how the story goes from here. If not, here's a quick summary of the technique: mash the stamps into a block of modeling clay, then pour resin in the resulting cavity. You then have one half of a spaceship.
|Heavy shadows to show detail|
At first I wasn't in love with the results, but the look is starting to grow on me. It kind of looks like a spaceship with warts, but then again you can see the details from across the board.
Although it's only half a ship, I'm going to hit it with some primer, ink it, then dry-brush it. I bet the details will really pop out.