In anticipation of this playtesting, I've made some more scratch builds using the "assembly-line" method highlighted in a previous post. The construction features pasta and CA glue as the primary building material with plastic bits added. Total work time was maybe 3 hours with some Netflix distraction.
I tried a new technique that I am very pleased with…spray paint. Of course, I've always used gray spray primer but then proceeded to brush-paint with acrylic craft paints. Painting by brush always left my spaceship miniatures looking terrible. The uniformity of the spray paint really appeals to me, even though I will dry-brush these to highlight the details. If it turns out well I'll share those pics too.
|Didn't prime the lead ship… it shows|
|Needs dry-brushing and a painted base|