Random thoughts about DIY gaming, including scratchbuilding, homebrew rules, sculpting, solo-wargaming, and solitaire versions of dead CCGs.
15 December 2012
30,794 Views and a Liebster!
...well, maybe not a major award, but I still feel honored that JF over at Solo Nexus nominated my blog as a Liebster Blog. If you're unfamiliar, it's an initiative to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. This blog, with only 37 followers, certainly qualifies. And if 30794 page views seems like a weird number to celebrate, I figure since maybe 10% to 15% of my hits come from Russian spambots, I don't really know when I hit a true milestone anyways. Sposibo comrades.
So the rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: I display the award here and provide a link to the blog which nominated me. Then I nominate five blogs which I enjoy, all of which have less than 200 followers. JF's Solo Nexus is my go-to site for ideas on solo-gaming, but since he nominated me it frees me up to highlight another cool blog. Here are my five (which possibly may already have been nominated since they rock):
Super Galactic Dreadnought - The blog that inspired me to start my own blog. Desert Scribe's passion for space battle games rivals any I've seen and it shows in the attention to detail on his blog.
M C Monkey Dew's Miniature Games - Although sparse in posts recently, his miniature painting and especially his scenarios are inspiring.
Save Vs. Dragon - His devotion to the d30 may be his hallmark, but I appreciate his quality pen and ink drawings which he cranks out at amazing speeds.
The Warlock's Home Brew - A beautiful looking blog with 199 followers, so it's still eligible. A lot of great play-aids found here, as well as great roleplaying ideas in general.
Platoon Forward - Before I ran across Joe's posts on TMP, I didn't even know solo-gaming existed.
Please check these blogs out; and thanks again to JF for the kind words and nomination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for the shout-out, pahoota! I'm thrilled Super Galactic Dreadnought inspired you to start blogging yourself. The more spaceship game blogs, the better :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete