It's a Festivus miracle!
I recently posted a sealed booster solitaire variant of the old Galactic Empires CCG and got some great feedback on the rules. Additionally I actually took the rare step of playtesting the variant myself, at least for a few rounds. It turned out OK, but I've been thinking of ways to make it better.
Now, posted on my downloads page, is the newest solitaire variant for Galactic Empires. Unlike the last set of rules, these ones don't need sealed boosters but instead require a small bit of deck construction (but still easier than for multi-player game). I think this game's an improvement because unlike the first set of rules, instead of sitting around waiting for enemy ships to maybe stumble across your Sector HQ, you actually build a fleet to attack any of four rival HQs. In the new version you play an empire just entering a sector of space bordered by four hostile powers who have all established HQs there. The mission is to discover any uncharted worlds (Terrain) which can provide enough resources to allow the player's empire to gain a foothold in the sector.
If you give it a try, please let me know how it works. I've yet to try it myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment