Anyway I was very pleased with how the water-putty master came out so I immediately pushed it halfway into some sulfur-free clay and poured the RTV silicone over it. It's about 5 days later and the silicone is not fully cured, due probably to the cold. I have it an appropriate distance from a 34W bulb; hopefully it cures fully in another 24 hours.
The good news is the layer of rubber closest to the master is actually nearly fully cured, only the outer layer is still tacky. The bad news is I tried a new method of making the mold and as you can see from the pictures below, the parting line is very very messy. I hope I can salvage the mold and still produce some decent casts. I'm planning to use the heat lamp on the second half of the mold, so with any luck we will see some casts next weekend.
| Final water-putty master |
| Messy parting lines |
No comments:
Post a Comment