Ssluzuurom The Despoiler
BIO: A champion of the alien Kluvergiz race, the Despoiler nearly perisher when its invasion fleet was destroyed by a nano-black hole, harnessed by the peaceful inhabitants of Gondwana in Earth's ancient past. Surviving via escape pod, Ssluzuurom used its psionic abilities to infiltrate the inner circle of Alerceron, the brilliant but mad scientist who captured the black hole. The alien invader then struck, disrupting the humans' attempt to neutralize their dangerous creation; as the summoned black hole threatened to consume the entire ancient Earth, Ssluzuurom thought its revenge was complete. Alerceron however succeeded in reversing the hole's growth; in a final attempt to avenge his race, Ssluzuurom attacked the scientist and both were seemingly consumed by the weird cosmic whirlpool. Protecting itself in a psionic bubble, the Despoiler emerged unscathed in the present but vastly overmatched by the transformed Phantom Sun. Allying with its old enemy, the amphibious alien sees contemporary Earth as ripe for conquest, all the while secretly plotting its ultimate revenge against the chief scientist of Gondwana.
SUPER MISSION FORCE PROFILE:
-Archetype: Mentalist
-Basic Stats
--Move: 8"
--Body Damage Boxes: 5
--Psyche Damage Boxes: 8
-Major Powers: Mentalism
-Minor Powers: Amphibious, Enhanced Senses
-Background: Alien, Military
MINIATURE: A Space Slann from Citadel Miniatures, circa 1987. The Space Slann were always my favorite force in Rogue Trader and around 1998 I was lucky enough to get all 12 of the sculpts. I'm proud of this paint job not because it's great (it's not) but because it was my first proper attempt, over 20 years ago. It was painted with a combination of Citadel paints and washes over gray primer, with some old Ral Partha paints in there as well. I remember it taking me forever to do.
NOTES: The Despoiler's helmet is the source of its psionic abilities. I was going to make the character a Wildcard Archetype and choose the Magic Artifact power to model the helmet, but SMF obviously intends it to replicate the "Thor with Mjolnir" type. That's OK though, as this highlights SMF's great strength: the power list is complete enough and broad enough that one can model nearly any type of ability and simply change the window dressing. Psychic powers due to mutation? Sure, why not. Due to super-science? Yep, same rules, just call super-science the source instead.
The Upgrade
BIO: The biomechanics genius Dr. Regina Movella modeled her greatest creation, a synthetic assistant with a DNA computer brain, after herself. Dr. Movella 2.0 initially helped her creator make extraordinary breakthroughs, until the menace known as the Phantom Sun invaded the good doctor's lab, seeking the tools to create the Mindhound. Leveraging the amorality of the replicant and convincing her to murder her creator, the Phantom Sun welcomed "The Upgrade" to his team.
SUPER MISSION FORCE PROFILE:
-Archetype: Construct
-Basic Stats
--Move: 5"
--Body Damage Boxes: 7
--Psyche Damage Boxes: -
-Major Powers: Power Blasts, Soulless
-Minor Powers: Hinder, Savant
-Background: Created, Medicine
MINIATURE: One of the Dalek-hating Movellan androids from Black Tree Design's Doctor Who range. A wonderfully sculpted miniature with lots of simple but effective detail. I used a zenithal prime but left the prime coat way too dark. Lesson learned: if I'm going to paint a figure primarily white, just do a plain white primer undercoat. I should've used the airbrush to try for a glowing effect on the cone blaster as well.
NOTES: I imagine the glowing pink cone-shaped gun on her right hand can project a tractor-beam type effect, hence the Hinder power. It'll be interesting to see the Construct Archetype in play, and if the immunity from Psyche-based attacks is really that advantageous. I was contemplating the name, "Flesh Drill"... probably wouldn't pass the Comics Code Authority.
-Archetype: Construct
-Basic Stats
--Move: 5"
--Body Damage Boxes: 7
--Psyche Damage Boxes: -
-Major Powers: Power Blasts, Soulless
-Minor Powers: Hinder, Savant
-Background: Created, Medicine
![]() |
| Excuse me ma'am, your foot-pegs are showing |
NOTES: I imagine the glowing pink cone-shaped gun on her right hand can project a tractor-beam type effect, hence the Hinder power. It'll be interesting to see the Construct Archetype in play, and if the immunity from Psyche-based attacks is really that advantageous. I was contemplating the name, "Flesh Drill"... probably wouldn't pass the Comics Code Authority.



No comments:
Post a Comment