I poured a resin cast of my latest scratchbuild spaceship miniature design tonight. I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow and wanted to get this ship cast, filed and sanded, based and painted all tonight.
Unfortunately preparations for the trip took most of the evening, so I was only able to clean up the cast; attaching the lower hull, basing it on a flight stand and painting the whole thing will have to wait until after I return.
The monochrome nature of the resin cast makes it hard to see the details in the picture below, but this miniature is my craziest design yet. Maybe a little too over the top on detail, but I think it will paint up well. The little object at the top of the picture is the exhaust nozzle for the ship's engine. For the first time I'm experimenting with casting separate components which require assembly to complete the ship.
There is no such thing as "too over the top on detail"...
ReplyDeleteThe more detail, the better. :)