04 March 2012

Another Painted Resin Scratchbuild

I painted up the third resin cast of a spaceship design I sculpted; the unpainted cast first featured here.  I used the same basic techniques as last time, but took Matgc's advice regarding drybrushing and achieved a much subtler effect.  I'm happy with the results, although I may have used just a tad too much black wash.  Then again, the miniature through the camera eye looks completely different than it appears on the table, and the heavy wash helps me pick out the details across the room.





4 comments:

  1. They look great, Pahoota!

    Just make sure you paint each faction in a unique color scheme, to easily differentiate them on the table.

    (That long ship on the first pic is truly a beauty. Awsome design.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mat! I hope the ships I sent show up soon so I can see another's paint job on my designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I too hope to have them soon!

    But my experience shows international shipments to Brazil usually take roughly a month. The good side is that I'll have more time to finish painting my narn fleet, as I have loads of more ships coming, including yours. :)

    I was wondering, could you post a tutorial (with pics) on how you create your designs? I know you mentioned you use pasta sticks, but I'm curious on how you inprint the little details, the domes, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mat,

    Actually the tutorial I posted before talks about how I do the details. I mention it in the middle of the tutorial, and include a picture of some of my tools.

    ReplyDelete