At the beginning of June some of the fellas over on the TMP boards suggested a scratchbuild/kitbash build off. I plan on being done with the kitbash entry by 1 August, but have yet to get the key ingredients (a ping-pong ball, disposable lighter and 9 volt battery). I plan on using all three as press-shapes to make a space station/alien derelict. Until I go pick these items up I'll be scratchbuilding another ship, with the intent to cast in metal. I used my standard press-mold method yesterday to make the upper hull master. I poured the top half of the silicone mold around this master tonight. I'm experimenting with using slivers of old molds to bulk out the mold, allowing me to save expensive rubber for more molds. We'll see if it works.
 |
| Press mold of top hull |
 |
| Master "sculpt" of top hull |
 |
| Top half of two-part mold for metal drop-cast |
No comments:
Post a Comment