The inventive story-telling mechanic I alluded to earlier involves players completing "Adventure" cards, which list other cards. The cards listed must have been played (in any order) and together they create a surprisingly faithful Lovecraftian tale. Chaosium even packaged "Create Your Own Adventure" cards in their boosters, allowing players to come up with stories of their own, or even create cards to cover favorite Lovecraft/Cthulhu Mythos story which didn't have an "official" version (At the Mountains of Madness comes to mind). Below is one of my custom Adventure cards. Well, the text anyways. I need to get access to a scanner to get the Create Your Own Adventure card format, and then I will make it pretty and official looking.
The Abominable Snowman
"I was the only survivor of The Expedition" begins the Professor. You remember his lecture on The Book of Eibon (Hyperborean or Atlantean) at the British Museum two years ago, before the ill-fated Himalayan trip. "I alone escaped the Blizzard", he says from his Huntingdon Sanitarium bed, "taking shelter in a in a mountain cave where I found the passage to black N'Kai, saw the Formless Spawn, and learned the Yetis' secret... they are the children of Tsathoggua!"
+10/+3 Sanity
No comments:
Post a Comment