10 December 2021

Solo Spaceship Miniatures Game Playtest Draft

I've finished transcribing my latest attempt at a solo spaceship miniatures game from my playtest notes (circa March-April 2020) to a PDF.  Please feel free to download it and give it a try. Unlike many of my solo game creations this game doesn't require massive amounts of tokens and other props.  I couldn't completely eliminate on-table markers but managed to reduce the number considerably.

I've yet to write up the (super simple) rules for designing one's own ships.  In the interim I've included 60 sample ship designs in the rulebook so there's no real need to make your own.  
Includes ship counters if you don't have minis
Similar to Starfire (and previous incarnations of my solo rules), ship designs consist of lines of letters, so if you're unhappy with the (randomly computer-generated) sample designs, it's simple to just scrawl down six rows and five columns of letters of your choice and make the perfect ship.

Right now this is a living document.  The game contains all the basic rule mechanics to play but a reader will notice placeholders for incomplete illustrations, as well as omissions like the aforementioned ship "construction" rules, campaign rules, and other ideas I've had like multi-ship element rules.  Hopefully I'll find time to (most importantly) playtest those and add them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment