08 January 2020

Scratchbuild Spaceships (WIP): 7 Jan 20

I'm lucky enough to have enough time recently to do what I love: making little spaceships.

I made the "glamor" pieces, the top hulls of four different designs and duplicated them using the techniques previously discussed here (three copies each).  The first design was shown last post; I already have those three bad boys on the game table, testing out some new rules.

I'm currently working on the second set of ships, shown here.  They're about 85% complete on construction; the bottoms still need one or two details.  The exhaust nozzles will get filled in with putty and details sculpted in.

Painting follows of course and I hope to have them done in the next few days.

Not sure how I feel about this design.  It's kind of pedestrian, like a space truck.  The scanner antenna on each ship makes the design pop a little.

mmmmm... medium cylinders

The second pic shows my spare parts bucket which keeps all my pasta building materials organized.



Early stage of construction
 

Flight stands make detailing the bottoms easier

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back in the ship building business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris; it's good to be back! I just started a hiatus from work so I'm trying to pack as much hobby-time into the next few months. I'm hoping the blog can be a little more active.

    I haven't forgot my jet rules... they've just been bumped down in favor of building spaceships and (trying but failing at) sculpting my own miniatures.

    ReplyDelete