16 September 2016

Spaghetti Spaceships: 16 Sep Edition

I finished another scratchbuild ship tonight, one that I started last weekend.  I'm very happy with this one but the pictures don't do it justice.  My wife is a better photographer than I am; perhaps she can get some crisper shots than I took when the light is favorable.

I made these with my standard materials: pasta, paper, CA glue and craft paint.  Still need to paint the flight stand...


On the game table!





EDIT: I went off to game yesterday and upon returning I found my wife had surprised me with better pics of this new ship.

Picture manages to capture porthole lights...

…porthole lights are all over the main body cylinder


64mm from front antenna to engine nozzle



5 comments:

  1. Very nice! What other materials, besides pasta, did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Just regular old printer paper wrapped to make the cylindrical shapes. The radar dish is just a paper cone on a piece of angel hair spaghetti. Lots of CA glue to hold everything together and many layers of cheap craft paint, mixed with acrylic floor polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool stuff indeed. Have you considered making an how-to with pics and/or a video? I think would be so much cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say it again: Very Cool!

    Thanks for sharing, it gets me itching to make more vessels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ship is better than many I have attempted in plastic and metal.

    ReplyDelete