Initially I tried to paint details and insignia on the ships, but just didn't like the looks. Then I found a couple of old decal sheets from some models I bought over 10 years ago but never finished (or started).
These ships are small enough that I'm able to chop up individual decals (like a tail number for example) to make multiple stripes and arcs and such. I should therefore be able to use these decal sheets for quite a while, which is good because I've already got a few new ships in the works. I plan on making four new ships before the next weekend so I can test out some new solitaire rules.


Very nice work! They have a little of a Chris Foss look to them.
ReplyDeleteThanks! The airbrushed illustrations of the 70's are always my prime inspiration and I'm pleased that it's showing in my ships. That's why I'm excited with this new technique: all the little panels can be painted subtly different shades of the same base color, giving it that "used technology" feel.
ReplyDelete