I finally got around to painting one of my putty scratch-built space cruisers for Greater Space Battles. I didn't plan on painting another ship purple; my intent when adding the red paint to the grey paint on my palette was to get a rust color. The hue turned out as more of a rose color which didn't look too bad so I just went for it. I was happy with the base coat and the drybrush, but then I went and screwed it up by adding too many insignia of different colors. Probably one or two small symbols of the same color would have looked good; now it looks like a grade school art project.
Still, I'm happy to get the thing painted so I can use it in battle this weekend. And the total cost of production, from sculpting to painting, probably runs at about 2 to 3 pennies.

Pahoota, what is the size of that cruiser? It looks menacing.
ReplyDeleteMat,
ReplyDeleteIt's 75mm from nose to tail on the table. In my imagination it's probably 400 meters long, bristling with particle accelerators, missile bays and albedo screen launchers.