If you really want to sex-up your INWO game (or even Illuminati I bet) here's some vague DIY instructions on how to make some eye-in-the-pyramid Action tokens.
First, make a template for a proper pyramid. I use a great modeling book that shows how to make almost any shape with just compass and straightedge. The picture below shows the template:
Tape this template to a sheet of polystyrene. I just use food packaging instead of buying expensive sheets at hobby stores. If you don't know how to identify the various types of plastics, email me and let me know, I'll tell you how. Anyways, cut around your template and then cut the individual faces of the pyramid out. Take some two-part epoxy (Greenstuff, Pro-create, Loctite, whatever) and putty the edges together. fold into a pyramid shape and jam inverted into a ball of putty (see pic):
As you can see, you create a small pyramid-shaped plastic container which you fill with an air-drying putty. I recommend Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty because it has too many outstanding model making properties to list here. Pour in the putty and wait 10 minutes or more. Then insert a small loop made from a cut paper-clip:
The pyramid is shown curing next to a 15mm miniature work in progress for scale. Let the pyramid cure for 1 hour. This important. Not too much cure or you can't carve it, but too little cure time and it will crumble. After 1 hour you should be able to pull the pyramid out of the plastic mold and start carving a brick pattern.
Finally, drill a small hole in one side and carefully sculpt an eye (and eyelid) out of epoxy putty. Usually GreenStuff sticks to everything, but I had to use CA glue to get the eye to stay put. That's it! The master sculpt is done.
The next step will be to make a silicone mold out of simple window Silicone from Walmart. Then mass-produce with Durhams. I will post a picture of the silicone mold and some finished Action tokens when I make them.
No comments:
Post a Comment