15 June 2023

DIY Trees and Flock

Covered with DIY Flock
I still have my moon table set up for playtesting my future tank game (last post) but most of my wargaming effort right now lies in getting a 10mm Cold War-gone-hot scenario going.

Years ago I bought some beautiful Pendraken 10mm figures, specifically Argentinians from the Falklands War range, to represent late 1950s-early 1960s U.S. Army.  The project stalled however because I couldn't find a suitable proxy for Soviet forces of the same era.  Pendraken suddenly revived my project by recently producing a range of Cold War Soviets, which of course I snapped up.

I plan on using Ganesha Games' Flying Lead rules, with a fire team (represented by two bases) activating in the place of a single figure (as the assumed scale is 28mm).

Still need to paint and flock bases

I needed terrain, specifically trees, for the 10mm game so over the last months I've been twisting up wire and coming up with a way to make my own flock.  Like nearly all of my methods it's super time-consuming and requires some dedicated (but common) tools.  The results have blown me away however and the best part is the raw material (recycled paper) is totally free and abundant.
FREE!!! (Except for the time...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment