07 August 2016

Spaghetti Spaceships: 7 Aug 16 Edition

I constructed a new spaceship miniature to test out some new materials and painting/detailing techniques.  Overall I'm pleased.

Materials are various pastas, paper, toothpicks, and CA glue.  Basic craft paint and acrylic floor finish for color.  Instead of using a nasty spray-primer, I painted the ship with an initial white layer, using the same craft paint/floor finish ratio.  For spaghetti ships, this will be my new technique.

The flight stand was painted along with the ship.  It still requires a final black layer which I should've completed before the photo-session… the blue flight stand is distracting in the pics below.

Thanks for looking.


Need to paint the flight stand





4 comments:

  1. Looks really good! Very nice lines.

    Good to see your blog in action again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank guys.

      Yeah, I had to shut it down for a few weeks… I was getting 500+ hits a day from Russia. Probably not gaming fans...

      Delete