I've been slowly (very slowly) working on several non-gaming sculptures. Since this is a gaming blog, I've been contemplating starting a new blog to display my portfolio. Perhaps instead I'll just add a page to this blog. Until I decide, I'll share a few project posts here.
The sculpting is complete on a 33cm spaceship I've been working on. The look of the ship is intended to emulate the ships of the 70's book covers (Chris Foss, Colin Hay, Angus McKie, Peter Elson, Fred Gambino, etc.) and I feel the shape succeeds. I'm now working on painting it; so far I'm happy although the detail is perhaps too subtle. From across the room it simply looks gray but in direct sunlight the details pop out. LOTS more painting to go...
 |
| Sculpting done; primed for paint |
 |
| That 70's airbrush look |
 |
| In normal light; putty oven in the background |
 |
| More close-ups |
Feel free to post your larger ships here....its all good! What did you make it out of?
ReplyDelete--Chris
Thanks Chris. It's polymer clay spread over a skeleton constructed of various materials, mostly just wood, paper and home improvement putties. Airbrushed with simple cheap acrylic craft paint.
Delete