20 March 2014

Scratchbuild Spaceship with Globular Fuel Tank

I've been a bit bored with gaming in general, so I thought I'd try scratchbuilding a design that's been in my head for quite some time.

I used a craft bead to make the globular fuel tank in the middle of the ship, which was made using my standard technique detailed in this previous post.

The ship is primed but still needs to be based and painted.

61mm long





6 comments:

  1. Keep the faith! ;)
    Another very nice model from your shipyards. The detail looks very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I hope to come up with a better movement system and then I think I'll be back into some solo space games.

      Delete
  2. You my hero I'm new to mold and cast. I really enjoy your simply and amazing solutions. Can you show more secrets ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one! Were you able to make a casting of it? I would love to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just a one-off piece; I never really intended on making a copy. I like it too but I feel panel lines are all wrong at this scale.

      I'm trying to make non-gaming spaceships using similar techniques but at much larger scales: 300mm to 400mm. True sculptures.

      Delete
    2. sounds cool, cant wait to see what you come up with. be sure to take lots of pictures along the way.

      Delete