15 December 2013

Pulp Alley Terrain: Giant Skull

I sculpted this giant (35mm) skull today for use as a terrain piece in Pulp Alley games.  I made it from crappy, crumbly, plain old regular Sculpey.

It might get covered in Super-Sculpey to make a full-up face.

35mm chin to crown
Edit: Added some clearer pics:

Red stuff is automotive RTV rubber used to make mold so I can copy this



2 comments:

  1. Cool blog. I kind of just stumbled here while googling 6mm gaming. Thought I might as well comment on your most recent post. The skull looks very good, did you cast it or sculpt it by hand? By the way, I was also wondering if you ever got around to making that Song of Blades adaptation of 6mm sci fi? You mention it in some old posts. It's kind of something I myself am interested in doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simon,

    I sculpted the skull by hand, with frequent references to an anatomy book. I'll try to take a better picture of it. It's made from polymer clay, but I have since made a mold of it using automotive silicone so I can cast more.

    No, unfortunately I have too many work commitments to spend much time gaming, so I never developed that SoB&H adaption.

    ReplyDelete