01 April 2013

6mm Sci-Fi Tank Platoon: The Enemy

I was pleased with how my first platoon of futuristic micro-armor came out, and after all the encouragement I received on The Miniatures Page I decided to scratchbuild some more.

My original intent was to create a platoon of four tanks, but I screwed up one of the casts.  If you've read about my technique for creating these, you know I use modeling clay as a temporary mold that generally gets destroyed when the cast is removed.  No dramas however; I removed these casts here very gently from their respective molds so that I can cast more if I need it.  But who knows, perhaps this enemy force uses a different organizational structure of three tanks per platoon.







6 comments:

  1. Nice looking tanks there. I will have to go back and look at how you made the masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work. You should put these on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog last year while looking for spaceship build ideas. Since then I have moved away from starships and into 15mm wargaming. During a recent vehicle conversion I remembered your blog on impression casting.

    Thought you might be interested in how I used it.

    http://future15mm.blogspot.ca/2014/12/blockade-buster-grav-tank-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire some creativity; nice job!

      Delete